Concrete pump composed of pump body and conveying pipe is a kind of construction equipment that conveys concrete along the pipe continuously by pressure. The machine can continuously complete the horizontal and vertical delivery of concrete along the pipeline, which is an ideal type of concrete conveying equipment now. It can be widely used in housing, bridge and tunnel construction. The machine combines the production of ready-mixed concrete with the pumping construction, and uses the concrete mixing truck to carry out the intermediate operation, which can realize the continuous pumping and pouring of concrete.
Types of Concrete Pump
According to the working principle, concrete pump can be divided into extruded concrete pump and hydraulic piston concrete pump. Based on the structure, the equipment includes three types, they are concrete mixer pump, towable concrete pump, trailer mounted concrete pump and truck mounted pumpcrete. In addition, there are electric concrete pump and diesel concrete pump depending on the dynamic type.
Extruded And Hydraulic Piston Type Concrete Pump
The extrusion type concrete mixing pump is mainly composed of hopper, drum pump, driving device, vacuum system and conveying pipe. Its main characteristics are simple in structure, low in cost, easy in maintenance and smooth in working, but the amount of conveying and pumping concrete pressure is small, and the delivery distance is short, so it is rarely used now. The hydraulic piston types mainly consists of a hopper, a concrete cylinder, a distribution valve, a hydraulic control system and a conveying pipe. The distributor valve is alternately opened and closed controlled by the hydraulic control system. The hydraulic cylinder connected with concrete cylinder make the two concrete cylinders complete the working process of suction and discharge of concrete alternately through the reciprocating motion of the piston rod of the hydraulic cylinder and the coordinated action of the distribution valve. The hydraulic piston type concrete pump is more commonly used now.
How To Choose The Suitable Concrete Pump
Customers can choose according the several main technical parameters of the equipment, such as, delivery capacity, outlet pressure, motor power and distribution valve form.
The motor power of a concrete pump is the precondition to determine the outlet pressure and the delivery volume. When the motor power is constant, the pressure increase will reduce the delivery volume. On the contrary, reducing the outlet pressure will make the delivery volume increase. The greater the value of the concrete of the actual outlet pressure of the concrete pump and the actual volume delivered per hour, the greater the capacity index and the greater the power of the motor, so as to achieve the purpose of large displacement and high lift.
Requirements for Concrete Pouring
The concrete project object, characteristics, the maximum throughput required, the maximum conveying distance, the concrete building plan, concrete pump form and conditions should be taken into comprehensive consideration.
The Type And Structure of The Building
The type and structure of building, construction requirements, site conditions and surrounding environment are also major factors to be considered. The main performance parameters of the concrete pump chosen should be consistent with the construction needs or slightly larger. If the capacity is too large, the utilization rate is low. And if the capacity is too small, it can’t meet the construction needs and accelerate the loss of concrete pump at the same time.
Safety Specification for Use of Concrete Pumps
- The towable concrete transfer pump can be towed by motor vehicles, but it can’t carry ang goods and the towing speed can’t exceed 8km/h.
- The pressure of each safety valve of the hydraulic system should conform to the requirements of manual, users can’t adjust it.
- When using it in cold winter, the concrete pump should have anti-freezing measures.
- In hot season construction, it is necessary to prevent the oil temperature from being too high. When the temperature reaches 70 °C, stop running or take other measures to cool down.
- Clean the hopper, S valve, concrete cylinder and conveying pipeline regularly. After cleaning, the accumulator pressure should be released, the power supply should be cut off, and the switches should be in the stop or disconnect position.
- Safety and accident prevention devices should be installed at the construction site.
- The use, installation and wiring of the electrical control box must be carried out by professionals.
- Before using the concrete pump, it should be fixed firmly, check the upper hopper and chute support to ensure stability and reliability.
- Ensure the transmission pipeline connection is reliable. Conduct regular maintenance to prevent pipe sticking, pipe bursting or blockage.
- There must be leakage protection switch around the concrete pump power connection. Check whether the electrical components work normally and whether the cable is damaged.
- When the pump is working, it is strictly prohibited to reach into the hopper, water tank, reversing cylinder and other areas with moving parts. When it needs to be checked, it should be shut down for operation.
The Working Principle of Hydraulic Diaphragm Type Concrete Pump
The concrete pump machine can be divided into piston type, extruded type and hydraulic diaphragm type according to the structure. Different types have different ways of working. This hydraulic diaphragm type is composed of hopper, concrete pump body, diaphragm, control valve, water pump and water tank. The diaphragm is in the pump body, when the water tank draws the water under the diaphragm back to the water tank through the control valve, the diaphragm sinks and the concrete in the hopper presses the one-way valve and enters into the pump body. When the water pump in the water tank through the control valve pumping back to the pump body, the pressure water makes the diaphragm rise, closes the one-way valve and discharges the control pressure delivery pipe.
Working Principle of Piston Type Concrete Pump
This model includes hydraulic and mechanical transmission. This type consists of hopper, hydraulic cylinder and piston, concrete cylinder, distribution valve, s-pipe, washing equipment, hydraulic system and power system. The hydraulic system pushes the piston back and forth through pressure. When the piston moves backward, the material is sucked. When pushing forward, the concrete in the concrete cylinder is pressed into the conveying pipe through the s-shaped pipe.
Working Principle of Extruded Concrete Transfer Pump
There are two planetary rollers on the rotor frame of the concrete pump. The inner wall of the pump is lined with a rubber pad, and the inner circumference of the pad is equipped with an extrusion hose. The power unit drives the planetary roller to rotate, crush and squeeze the rubber tube, and squeeze the concrete in the tube into the conveying pipe to discharge. The vacuum system keeps a certain vacuum degree in the pump body, which makes the extruded rubber tube return to its original state immediately after being rolled, and accelerates the concrete in the hopper to be sucked into the extruded rubber tube.